From the Hy-Vee catering kitchen.
Hickory-Smoked Turkey Breast
- 1 hickory-smoked boneless turkey breast
- Light olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Baste turkey with light olive oil, salt, and pepper. Smoke to internal 160 degree temperature.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 6 pounds of potatoes
- 3 bunches of green onion
- 1 pound of bacon bits
- 1 pound of cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 pounds of sour cream
- Dash of milk
- Boil, drain, and mash the potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients together on low heat to achieve desired consistency.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1 bag of frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups of cooked instant rice
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- One 16-ounce block of Velveeta
- 2 to 3 celery stalks
- 1 small yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown on top.
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 3 pounds of brussel sprouts
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 yellow onion
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blanch brussel sprouts until tender.
- Make roux with butter and flour. Add 4 cups of milk.
- Saute yellow onion.
- Place brussel sprouts and onion in a baking dish, pour roux over sprouts.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, shredded parmesan, and Gruyère.
- Bake until golden brown.
Cranberry Orange Relish
- The inside of 1 navel orange
- Grated zest from half an orange
- One 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Add orange zest, the inside of one navel orange, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Using a food processor, mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate to let set.
- Bread crumbs
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 onions
- Poultry seasoning
- Eggs, lightly beaten
- Sage to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Sauté onion, celery, and poultry seasoning.
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, eggs, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Mix together, tossing gently, until attaining your desired consistency.
- Place in a baking dish and bake until golden brown.