- 10 ounces bucatini pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the dish.
- In large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, sauté the garlic until it turns yellow. Add shrimp and cook four to five minutes until the shrimp turns pink. While cooking, add a splash of white wine to the garlic and sautéed shrimp. Remove the shrimp to a clean bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and sauté tomatoes until they become soft.
- Remove pasta from heat and drain. Place in large bowl, and then toss the pasta with the pesto, sautéed shrimp, and tomatoes.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios, then serve!
This recipe is fancy enough for a dinner party, but also perfect for a weeknight meal!
Chef Carmelo Graceffa
Chef Carmelo Graceffa came to the United States in February of this year to be the pizza chef manager at Prison Brews. Carmelo was born and grew up in Agrigento, Sicily. He has worked as a pizza chef at Green Life Soc. Coop in Italy, and at BOKOR-Tofan Bar & Restaurant, Ltd. in London, England. Carmelo is responsible for creating pizza recipes and other dishes in a wood-fired oven, preparing dough, and hand-tossing pizza to stretch.
305 Ash Street, JCMO
573-635-0678 | PrisonBrews.com
Mon-Thurs 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Fri-Sat 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.