A summery twist to a delightful treat.
Marshmallow crispy treats have been a popular snack for decades, prompting families to make this deliciously easy snack at home. These super simple snack pops are the perfect way to give this classic a summer vibe. Whether they’re made for a family BBQ, birthday party, or a funday at home, these will surely be a crowd-pleaser.
4 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies™ cereal
1 package white chocolate chips
Cake pop sticks
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
Fruity Pebbles, Oreos, M&M’s, Chocolate Chips, Dried Strawberries, Pretzels, Lucky Charms
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows, stir until completely melted, then remove them from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies® Cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let it cool, and then cut into 2 x 3-inch bars.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to let the bars harden. This will help keep the bars together while putting on the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolates are completely melted. If still a little thick, vegetable oil can be added to thin it out.
- Insert a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate, and stick it in the marshmallow crispy bar. This will help hold the stick in place.
- Dip the top of the bar (or as much as you want) into the melted chocolate chips.
- Set the marshmallow crispy pops down on a tray lined with wax paper, then immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat this until all of the pops are coated in melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Notes: For best results, use fresh marshmallows. One jar (7 ounces)marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie, or tub margarine is not recommended. Store no more than two days at room temperature in an air-tight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container. Freeze for up to six weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.