YIELDS: 10-12 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS
CUCUMBER SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 4 large cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- Whisk together vinegar, water, sugar, pepper, celery seed, and ground mustard.
- Dice tomatoes and slice cucumbers and onions to your preference.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit covered for 10-12 hours. Viola!
SWEET CAROLINE TIPS
- Pick your favorite rub and try your hardest to slow smoke a pork shoulder as good as JQ’s on High.
- Lightly spread butter on your favorite bun and toast on a flat cooking surface (we use our griddle) on medium-high heat.
- Place the pulled pork on the bun. Top the pork with your favorite mustard-based BBQ sauce and the cucumbers from the cucumber salad, and you have got the Sweet Caroline.
Chef Cole Job
Cole is an east side Jefferson City native who prides himself on serving incredible food. When he’s not in the kitchen he can be found playing guitar in several bands, cycling all over town, playing with his four wiener dogs, and hitting the thrift stores with his fiancé, Mackenzie.
911 E. High St., JCMO | (573) 556-8922 | jqsonhigh.com
TUES-WED 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
THURS-SAT 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.