YIELDS: 1 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 thick slice sourdough bread
- 3 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small vine of cherry tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ tablespoon crème fraiche
- ½ ounce whiskey
- salt and pepper
- Toast sourdough bread.
- While bread is toasting, heat skillet and add in your mushrooms, tomatoes, and thyme. Roast until tomatoes are charred. De-glaze pan with whiskey and add a little butter.
- For soft scrambled eggs, drop the eggs into a cold pan with a couple knobs of butter, turn burner on medium low heat, and stir constantly. Take on and off heat for 30 second intervals. Once close, add in crème fraiche to stop.
- Place eggs on toasted sourdough bread, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives. Serve alongside mushrooms and tomatoes.
Available Fri-Sun thru December
Chef Anthony Grothoff
Chef Cliff has been with Prison Brews since its opening on April 7, 2008. He grew up in New Chef Donehue, the Anthony (Anton) Grothoff graduated from St. Louis Culinary Institute in 2014 and has been at High Rise Bakery (HRB) since opening. Prior to HRB, Anton worked at The Grand Café for two years.