Everyone in my family has wrinkles, brown spots, or a sagging jaw. I guess that is my future too.
There are plenty of preventive steps you can take to slow the aging process. If you are older and this process is well under way, you too are in luck. There have been huge advancements made in the corrective market too!
We can’t stop time, but we can slow the impact it has on our skin. The possibilities for slowing the skins aging process, or even reversing past damage, are many. Dr. Prasad and the Genesis aesthetic team can help you choose the treatments and products that give you the results you are looking for.
Steps to prevent premature aging:
• If you smoke, STOP: Smoking accelerates aging, causing wrinkling, and a giving you dull, sallow skin.
• Wear sunglasses to avoid squinting: Smile lines might be unavoidable, but squinting lines are.
• Eat a healthy well-balanced diet: Fruits and veggies are skin friendly, carbs and sugars are not! Also, consider adding a probiotic supplement to your diet.
• Drink less alcohol: It is rough on the skin, dries it out, and over time, accelerates the aging process. Alcohol can also cause puffiness and acne, due to the high sugar content.
• Wash your face twice a day and after sweating: Use a gentle cleanser to remove pollution and makeup. Add an AHA/BHA cleanser a few times a week for extra cell turnover.
• Keep your skin hydrated: Hydrated skin is healthier and appears more youthful. Natural humectants, like hyaluronic acids, fight dehydrated skin while moisturizers lock in that hydration and create skin barrier protection.
It is also never too late to stop the progress. If you need a little help turning it around:
• Start a corrective skin care plan.
• Explore your corrective treatment options.
• Visit Genesis Medspa for a consultation with Dr. Prasad and his staff.