- Rib roast
- Rub ingredients
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Granulated garlic
- Or feel free to use your favorite blend!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the rub ingredients in a bowl. Spread the rub liberally onto the roast, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
- Place seasoned rib roast in shallow roasting pan on a rack. Sear the roast for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 450 degrees. Then reduce the temperature to 275 degrees and cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 128 degrees.
- Remove roast from oven and rest for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Pair with your favorite roasted vegetables and serve.
Chef Steve Whitener
Steve brings 42 years of culinary experience to Hy-Vee Catering. Turn to Hy-Vee Catering for everything you need from the first bite to the final course.
3721 W. Truman Blvd., JCMO