As you age the skin’s underlying structures start to degrade. Collagen starts to deplete as early as your 20’s leaving your skin without its internal support system.
Stop the sag
These processes are all a part of natural aging. There are, however, things you can do to accelerate the problem including smoking, weight changes, and sun damage. This robs your skin of its useful fullness, contour, and resilience. Unfortunately, there is also a genetic factor that is out of your control. But don’t get discouraged.
5 ways to improve your skin’s elasticity:
• SMOKING – If you smoke, stop.
• ALCOHOL – Drink less alcohol.
• DIET – Keep your weight stable and avoid yo-yo dieting.
• WATER – Keep your skin hydrated.
• SPF 50 – Use a mineral-based SPF 50 sunscreen every day.
At Genesis, we can give you an added boost. Technological improvements abound in this age. Consider these options:
• Add a collagen and elastin-boosting product to your regimen. Our staff can help you create a plan designed especially for your needs
• PRP injections to stimulate collagen, enhance microcirculation and regrowth of new skin
• Tixel or CO2 laser to tighten and tone skin and lift sagging eyelids
• Cosmetic fillers to replace lost volume and restore a youthful contour
“We can’t stop time, but we can slow the impact it has on our skin.”
How we can help
We can’t stop time, but we can slow the impact it has on our skin. Want more information on how you can fight the sag? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Prasad or a member of our esthetics team, and get a plan for maintaining youthful skin in spite of your age. Thanks to technology and our skilled team you do have options. Call us at (573)761-2601 to schedule your appointment or use our online booking at genesisjcmo.com.
(573) 761-2601 | 2511 W. Edgewood, Ste. A, JCMO | genesisjcmo.com