Whatever it may be, chefs in Jefferson City have you covered. Head out for dinner or pull out your pots and pans and try your hand at one of these tried-and-true recipes from local food connoisseurs.
YIELDS: 1 QUART | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
CILANTRO LIME VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
2 cups fresh cilantro
1 ½ cups white vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons salt and pepper
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon fresh limejuice
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 quart vegetable oil
- Fill a small bowl with water and add ice cubes.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Cut off the long stems of the cilantro.
- Add cilantro to boiling water for 15 seconds, remove cilantro with slotted spoon or small strainer, and transfer to bowl of ice water. Pull cilantro out of ice water, and ring dry with paper towels.
- Place cilantro and remaining ingredients, except for the vegetable oil, in a food processor. Turn on and slowly add vegetable oil; blend until thoroughly combined and emulsified.
- Stays good refrigerated for up to 3-4 months.
THE GENERAL MANAGER, BRIDGET WISEMAN & CHEF, JOE RAMSEY
Bridget is the general manager with over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Chef Joe has been at Sweet Smoke BBQ for four years. He works the best under pressure, is passionate about smoking meat, and puts care and attention. into his presentation. Guests can rely on this dream team for quality service and exceptionally fresh BBQ.
MON-THURS 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. | FRI-SAT 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. | SUN 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DOWNTOWN 127 E. High St., JCMO | (573) 761-0617 | WESTSIDE 3530 Country Club Dr.,JCMO | (573) 636-1007 | sweetsmokebbqmo.com