Whatever it may be, chefs in Jefferson City have you covered. Head out for dinner or pull out your pots and pans and try your hand at one of these tried-and-true recipes from local food connoisseurs.
YIELDS: 10-12 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 5 HOURS
1 (8-10 pounds) pork butt
½ cup fresh pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim off any excess fat on the pork butt and pat dry.
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Put rub all over pork butt.
- Place pork butt in roasting pan, and add fresh pomegranate juice.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers between 200-205 degrees.
- Remove pork butt from roasting pan, and let rest on cutting board.
- Take the juices from the roasting pan and pour through a wire mesh strainer into a saucepan; discard any solids. On medium heat, bring the juices to a simmer. Once the juices are simmering, bring it to a low heat.
- In a small, bowl mix the cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. Slowly pour mixture into the simmering broth, and whisk while doing so. Heat for several minutes until thick like gravy
- Shred pork with two forks and then place in a bowl. Add gravy and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds. This pork goes great served alongside mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
THE CHEF, PATRICK MILLER
Patrick has been in the food service business for 24 years and trained at Johnson County Community College. Sweet Chipotle Catering & Event Center would be honored to serve you and yours at your next event or special day.
Call or text to inquire about catering services or the monthly dinners at the event center.
512 N. East. St., California | (573) 353-1077 | sweetchipotlecatering.com