Whatever it may be, chefs in Jefferson City have you covered. Head out for dinner or pull out your pots and pans and try your hand at one of these tried-and-true recipes from local food connoisseurs.
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES
½ pounds braised thick sliced bacon, medium diced (braised in Dr.Pepper for 1 hour)
4 bao buns, steamed
1 cup green cabbage, shredded
½ small carrot, grated
2 tablespoons bacon habanero jam
¼ teaspoon sriracha mayo
½ teaspoon smoked jalapeño honey
- In a wooden steamer, steam bao buns until loose and foldable.
- Fry sliced bacon until sugar begins to caramelize on the outside of the slices.
- When bacon is done, place it in a bowl and add smoked jalapeño honey and toss until coated.
- Place a quarter of the bacon inside each bun.
- In a separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and bacon habanero jam until everything is incorporated.
- Spoon slaw cabbage mixture on top of bacon, and drizzle with sriracha mayo.
THE CHEF, JERAD SHAFER
As a graduate of Del Mar College Culinary Arts program in Corpus Christi Texas, he is thrilled to be here in Jefferson City, which begins a new chapter in his culinary life cookbook. He hopes that his “refined down homestyle” can reinvigorate this culinary scene. Prior to Strikers, he worked at a couple of area restaurants in Columbia; then he moved to Chicago where he ended up at WolfgangPuck’s Bistro.
MON-THURS 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. | FRI & SAT 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. | SUN 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2017 Christy Dr., JCMO | (573) 644-1006 | strikersjc.com