Whatever it may be, chefs in Jefferson City have you covered. Head out for dinner or pull out your pots and pans and try your hand at one of these tried-and-true recipes from local food connoisseurs.
SAUCE YIELDS: 2-3 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES
DUKES SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons ketchup
½ tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Nathan’s dill pickles, finely diced
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
DUKES SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Slather on your favorite burger or sandwich.
DUKES FRENCH FRIES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Cut russet potatoes into 3/8 inch planks.
- Place in a cold water bath and then remove with your hands and transfer into another bowl of cold water to remove the starch.
- Pat dry.
- Bring the oil up to 300 degrees, and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain and let them sit until they are room temperature.
- When you’re ready to eat, turn the oil up to 375 degrees, and fry the potatoes another 4-5 minutes.
- Strain the fries and toss them with salt and pepper in a stainless steel bowl. Listen for the ting when they hit the bowl.
THE GENERAL MANAGER, ALYISSA NELSON
Alyissa grew up in the. restaurant industry. After returning to JeffersonCity in 2019, she became the catering manager at Sweet Smoke BBQ, where she developed their current successful catering program. She is now the GM of Dukes on the Blvd.and is great with people and organization and makes a mean cocktail.
MON-SAT 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. | SUN 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
DUKES DOWN STAIRS | WED-SAT 3 to 9 P.M.
2125 Missouri Blvd., JCMO | (573) 635-3334 | dukesontheblvd.com