- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust, seal edge, and flute. Cut slits in several places in the top crust.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand five minutes before serving.