Whether or not you live green on a daily basis, nearly everyone knows how important recycling is for our environment. On America Recycles Day, jumpstart a recycling program at home, at work, or at school!
The EPA tells us the benefits of recycling (in case you need a refresher):
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and combustion facilities
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations
- Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States
To find out where you can recycle, visit the Missouri Recycling Association website.