Prepare the night before
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 4 oz. can chipotle pepper blended to paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb. steak
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 2 medium onions, cut in half, sliced lengthwise
- 2-3 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 2-3 medium red bell peppers, sliced
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- pepper to taste
- On the night before, mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add steak and chicken to the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat cast iron servers in a preheated 400 degree oven for at least 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions and peppers in skillet.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven with the servers for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high. Remove the meat from the marinade and cook in heated skillet. (Cook chicken about 5 min. per side, steak 3 min. per side, and shrimp 2 min.) Remove from skillet and slice the chicken and steak into strips.
- When ready to serve, remove cast iron servers from the oven and arrange peppers, onions and meat on them. It will immediately start to sizzle from the fat and moisture. Top meat with Cliff’s Secret Recipe Mole (mo-lay) Sauce. Serve sizzling with the warm tortillas.
- May substitute Cliff’s Secret Recipe Mole Sauce with any generic recipe found online. Just not as special.
- Add guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, lettuce, refried beans or salsa as desired.
Don’t want to cook?
Sizzling Fajitas Trio is available at Prison Brews every Wednesday after 5:00 p.m.!
Chef Cliff Resonno
Chef Cliff has been with Prison Brews since its opening on April 7, 2008. He grew up in New Madrid, Missouri where he learned his “southern cooking” from his mother. Cliff has worked in several restaurants over the years, but trained under Chef Dewayne for 5 years. Cliff’s “claim-to-fame” recipe for Sizzling Fajitas is a very popular request at Prison Brews.
305 Ash Street, JCMO
Mon-Thurs 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Fri-Sat 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.