Heritage Meals – Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes
Story by Steve Whitener | Apr 27, 2016
Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes
3 lbs. of chicken cut into pieces
Flavored crisp chicken breading
1 tablespoon of salt
Oil for deep frying
1. In a medium bowl, add cut chickens and 1 tablespoon of salt.
2. Cover with cold water and marinate for one hour and then drain.
3. Coat chicken with flavor crisp chicken breading.
4. Deep fry chicken at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
2 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 stick of butter
1 cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
2. In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or electric beater and slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy.